A traditional Hope Valley Pub, in the heart of the Peak District, the 16th Century Inn owes its name to being an overnight stopping point on the old salt carrying route from Cheshire across the Pennines to Yorkshire.
If you are looking for a traditional country inn then you need look no further as the Cheshire Cheese Inn has lots to offer, such as traditional pub food produced where possible from a range of local suppliers. We pride ourselves on unfussy food and generous portions served within a relaxed old world atmosphere.
A little bit about the pub
- Traditional meals and lunchtime light bites
- Real ale and fine wines
- Homely relaxed atmosphere beside open fires
- Traditionally brewed hand pulled beer
- Comfortable Country Accommodation
- Dogs welcome (not in bed and breakfast accommodation)
- Children welcome
- Parties welcome by arrangement